Paul Young was part of the team successful in obtaining a four year National Health and Medical Research Council Project grant to study the mechanisms of impaired bronchodilator response associated with obesity and diet. The grant was announced by the Australian NHMRC body on Friday 17th November and is worth $668,469. The grant is a result of a collaboration between the University of Newcastle and Woolcock Researchers. Chief (CI) and Associate investigators (AI) are as follows:
- CIA Lisa Wood (University of Newcastle)
- CIB Brian Oliver (Woolcock & UTS, Sydney)
- CIC Paul M Young (Woolcock and University of Sydney)
- AI Daniela Traini (Woolcock & University of Sydney)
- AI Judy Black (Woolcock and University of Sydney)
- AI Peter Gibson (Woolcock and University of Newcastle)
More information about this and other successful funding received by the RespiTech group at the Woolcock Institute of Medical Research can be found here.